If you would like a say in what content is posted or if you are a grassroots Onkwehonwe journalist…Don’t hesitate to reach out with the contact information below, or send a message using the form. Working together we can tell our stories.
PREREQUISITES for contributors:
- ● We support Onkwehon: we contributors that can emphasize the Kayeneren:kowa. The Principles of peace, power, and righteousness should provide guidance and balance traditional matrilineal systems’ roles.
- ● The platform is grassroots, so there is no experience required for contributors, Just excellent orators.
- ● We want to be just as loud and proud about you as we are about us. Clan and Nations are a super way to help identify yourself (We are not the identity police, but if others feel they are, we can only support constructive engagement and request any issues be taken directly up with the person)Content Ideas: (Not limited to these)Great Law wampum, Clan Systems, Nation History, Traditional cooking, Language revival and perseverance. Nutrition, Activity, Motherhood, Child rearing, Roles and responsibility within traditional systems. Land and water protection, Women and men who embody and promote peace and balance. Small business owner showcase, Investigative reporting, Current events. This is not an exhaustive list but provides a general sense of what is acceptable content.
- RISK: Under no circumstance do we endorse risking life, actions that may lead to arrest for any content.
Include a # that promotes who we are or what we are about #Yakowennahskats
#HerBeautifulVoice #MyClanRocks #Kayanerekowa #Balance #PeacePowerRighteousness #HumbleGratefulKind or any other ones…. Especially if it celebrates you!!!
Original Content can be a 750-1500-word count with actual pictures. We want to be mindful of curating photos that are not associated with the story we are trying to tell. This is different from placing links in the document that help the audience establish trends or a back story.
We would like to see original pictures or original memes associated with submitted content. A view of yourself in the area where the story takes place or similar is entirely acceptable. If you’re stuck, Just ask.
This is a great blog to read and assist with making the most of what we post!
Quick and dirty writers’ guidelines for this platform:
- Micro- 100-500-word count and must include a pic and one link if not original
- Flash: 500-750-word count, must include a pic and one link
- Feature: 750-1500-word count, must consist of two pics and two links
- Report: 1500-2500-word count; this is a passionate writer and requires a team approach.
- Series: 3+ articles of the 500-1500-word count. REQUIRES approval before starting. All research and pictures to be available during the idea pitch.
**Always give credit to the original poster in the post, not just for copyright but to form collaborative relationships and respectful engagements. Copyright infringement is another big no-no and can affect the function of social media sites, so just make sure you own it or say who you borrowed it from.
Recently established mediums:
Working on adding more in the future
Send Us a Message